Do you want to be part of a drug and alcohol treatment program that gives inmates more options?
BRBH is seeking a Substance Abuse Clinician in Alpha Jail Services to provide group counseling to women participating in a recovery program located in the local jails.
A typical day includes providing direct group counseling to 15 - 18 incarcerated women. Alpha's residential inmates spend 120 days in the program while incarcerated, followed by another 36 weeks of outpatient treatment after they're released.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have knowledge of counseling and the criminal justice system, be comfortable working independently in a controlled environment, and be a team player.
Why work at BRBH?
Read more about our Alpha Jail program in The Roanoke Times: http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/roanoke_county/alpha-rehab-project-gives-inmates-options/article_ae73ff9d-0625-5052-a2ff-2aa68634a165.html
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree in human service field (psychology, sociology, or similar) and at least one year experience working with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
2. Knowledge: A working knowledge of the criminal justice system is a plus.
3. Eligible for certification: Candidates must be CSAC or eligible to become a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC)
4. Background Checks: Candidates must be able to pass background checks including those required by the local jails.
5. Good Driving Record: Candidates must have a good driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years (including DUI) and are required to undergo a fingerprint background check.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Mental Health/ Mental Illness / Counseling