$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) looking to work in a low stress work environment?
LPNs in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide psychiatric nursing and medical detoxification to individuals in a short-term residential and therapeutic environment.
The schedule for this position is three 12 hour shifts (36 hours per week) Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The hours are 6:00pm-6:30am.
Our nurses join a multi-disciplinary team of professionals who have the ability to make an immediate and lasting impact in our community. Our nurses are part of a small, handpicked team of valued staff who enjoy challenges, fast pace, autonomy and supportive management.
The LPN works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of RNs, clinicians, therapists, residents, and physicians. Responsibilities include:
- obtaining vital signs and weight
- monitoring lab results
- administering PO (oral), Sub Q and IM medications
- obtaining and transcribing medication orders
- ensuring adequate supply of medications for clients
- providing information to clients regarding psychotropic medication side-effects, as well as general wellness topics of interest to clients
- facilitating group meetings with clients to discuss life skills, particularly relating to individual health and safety
- assist with admission and discharge of clients
- initiating or responding to phone contacts with clients, physicians, pharmacists, case managers and other providers, as appropriate, regarding medication needs, lab reports, side effects, etc.
- documenting all pertinent nursing notes in the electronic health record
- License/Certification: Must have an active, unrestricted license as an LPN in the State of Virginia.
- Experience: One (1) year nursing experience in the healthcare field preferred with preference to those with experience in a psychiatric or substance use setting - charge nurse experience helpful. Electronic health record experience preferred.
- Background: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign-on bonus - $500 is paid at start and $500 is paid in the first of the month after six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign-on Bonus.
- Great Schedule! Our LPNs work three 12 hour shifts and receive full time benefits!
- Shift Differential - for evening/weekend shifts!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make an immediate and lasting impact in our community.
- Great co-workers: We provide an environment that thrives on positive interactions with both clients and coworkers.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/brbh benefits information.pdf
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ LPN
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.