Do you have excellent
problem-solving skills and the ability to build relationships and communicate
between teams? We have a new opportunity available!
The Reimbursement Specialist
will gain an understanding of each aspect of the revenue cycle and lead the
investigation of revenue-related issues. They communicate as an intermediary
between clinical and reimbursement teams to identify workflow improvements. The
goals of this position are to increase efficiencies, reduce denials, promote
transparency to the processes, and improve collection results.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Maintain the client data billing and collection system to ensure compliance with billing and coding requirements, and improve efficiencies of the system setup and use.
- Review identify, and implement changes and/or corrections needed to resolve services that do not meet the criteria for billing.
- Investigate issues by working with clinical and reimbursement teams and make recommendation to improve processes and workflows.
- Measure collection results in order to identify areas of concern and recognize areas where improvements have been realized.
- Education: Associate's degree,
vocational technical degree or specialized training and experience that is
equivalent to satisfactory completion of two (2) years of college in a related
- Experience: Minimum of two years'
experience in healthcare. Reimbursement experience preferred.
- Background Check: Candidates that are
offered a position must undergo a criminal background check and drug screen.
work at BRBH?
- Supporting our
mission: This role provides a critical function of the Business &
Finance Office, which allows BRBH to remain fiscally stable in order to
continue serving our clients. Each day BRBH makes a difference in our
community for individuals that have mental illness, developmental
disabilities, and substance use disorders.
- Great co-workers: Our
staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance:
We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts
accruing on your first day.
- We offer great
benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: https://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our
Employment Page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral
Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty
Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide
comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental
disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously
monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and
applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs
throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or
support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50
Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal
opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.