No on-call, no nights,
and no weekends!
About Blue Ridge
Blue Ridge Behavioral
Healthcare (BRBH) is a public community health center serving two cities and
three counties in Virginia's Roanoke Valley. BRBH was established under the Code
of Virginia to provide services to children, adults, and families with mental
illness, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities. BRBH
serves over 11,000 individuals and families annually in the cities of Roanoke
and Salem and the counties of Botetourt, Craig, and Roanoke, comprising a
population base of approximately of 255,683 over an area of 1,181.0 square
miles in urban, rural, and suburban communities in the beautiful Roanoke Valley
Roanoke is known for its
vibrant outdoor lifestyle. The Roanoke Valley is home to stunning scenery,
friendly people, and tremendous recreational opportunities in the surrounding
Blue Ridge Mountains, as well as a thriving arts and performing arts community,
excellent restaurants, and attractive quality of life.
BRBH operates multiple
programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to
provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our
community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a
drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located
in Roanoke, VA.
Why work at BRBH?
- Day Schedule: The
schedule for this position is day shift, Monday - Friday. (Full Time)
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days
annually, which starts accruing on the first day of employment.
- Opportunity to facilitate positive change in our
community: BRBH Psychiatric Services
provides Just-In-Time scheduling for clients, meaning that with our
well-managed scheduling model, clients in need of services can be seen
within 5 days, without adding additional burdens for the Nurse
Practitioner and Psychiatrists. This scheduling model significantly
reduces stress for staff and provides better customer service for adults
in need of services.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia
Retirement System)! Click
here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Competitive Salary: Pay
is negotiable, based on experience.
- Want to know more? Check
out our Employment Page to see employee reviews and more information about
The Nurse Practitioner
and Psychiatrists in Adult Services are responsible for psychiatric assessment
and treatment to adults.
They provide psychiatric
assessment and treatment to BRBH clients in a collaborative relationship with a
- obtaining health/mental health history
- performing examinations
- determining the plan of care
- conducting specialized screenings as appropriate
- ordering and interpreting lab work and/or specialized
- prescribing medications and calculating drug dosages
- monitoring treatment and referring as appropriate
- counseling client on individual plan of care
- encouraging compliance with treatment
- maintaining and updating electronic medical record.
- License: Active,
unrestricted license as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of
- Background Check: Candidates are required to undergo a fingerprint
background check and drug screen.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer/software skills, including the use of
voice recognition software.
- Clinical proficiency in the treatment of psychiatric
illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Ability to establish therapeutic relationships with
those with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring
- Knowledge of medical record documentation and the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Professional and personal maturity and judgment to
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.