$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Are you a Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) looking to work in a low stress work environment?
LPNs in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide psychiatric nursing
and medical detoxification to individuals in a short-term residential and
schedule for this position is three 12 hour shifts (36 hours per week)
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The hours are 6:00pm-6:30am.
Our nurses join a multi-disciplinary
team of professionals who have the ability to make an immediate and lasting
impact in our community. Our nurses are part of a small, handpicked team
of valued staff who enjoy challenges, fast pace, autonomy and supportive
The LPN works as a
member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of RNs, clinicians, therapists,
residents, and physicians. Responsibilities include:
- obtaining vital signs and weight
- monitoring lab results
- administering PO (oral), Sub Q and IM medications
- obtaining and transcribing medication orders
- ensuring adequate supply of medications for clients
- providing information to clients regarding psychotropic medication
side-effects, as well as general wellness topics of interest to clients
- facilitating group meetings with clients to discuss life skills,
particularly relating to individual health and safety
- assist with admission and discharge of clients
- initiating or responding to phone contacts with clients,
physicians, pharmacists, case managers and other providers, as appropriate,
regarding medication needs, lab reports, side effects, etc.
- documenting all pertinent nursing notes in the electronic health
Entry Level Pay: $21.273/hour. Additional compensation commensurate with experience.
- License/Certification: Must have an active, unrestricted license as an LPN in
the State of Virginia.
- Experience: One (1) year nursing experience in the healthcare
field preferred with preference to those with experience in a psychiatric
or substance use setting - charge nurse experience helpful. Electronic
health record experience preferred.
- Background: Candidates who are
offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug
Why work at BRBH?
Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000
sign-on bonus - $500 is paid at start and $250 paid at six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for
the Sign-on Bonus.
Schedule! Our LPNs work three 12 hour
shifts and receive full time benefits!
Differential - for evening/weekend shifts!
- Working with clients: In
this job each day you make an immediate and lasting impact in our
- Great co-workers: We
provide an environment that thrives on positive interactions with both
clients and coworkers.
- Work/Life Balance: We
have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts
accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more
- Want to know more? Check
out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information
about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral
Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty
Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive
services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental
disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs
and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to
provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community
for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal
opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ LPN