Are you looking to get out from behind a desk and spend more time with clients?
Mental Health Skill-building Clinicians provide adults diagnosed with serious mental illness with one-on-one training in a home and community setting. We provide reinforcement of skills and appropriate behavior related to health and safety, activities of daily living, and use of community resources.
BRBH is different! Our Clinicians are supported in a team environment with these benefits:
- Access to agency vehicles
- Paid for mileage when using personal vehicle
- Paid at same pay rate for travel time
- Paid at same pay rate for documentation time
- Paid Time Off - earn over a day every 2 weeks!
- Full Time position = 40 hours/week!
- Free clinical supervision and training toward QMHP registration
Our Mental Health Skill-building Services program is a combination of training and skill building activities designed to enable adults with significant functional limitations to achieve and maintain community stability and independence in the most appropriate, least restrictive environment. Clinicians also provide assistance to individuals in medication management, monitoring health, nutrition and physical condition. They manage Social Security benefits for individuals who choose to have Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare serve as their representative payee.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
1. Bachelor's degree that meets requirements for registration for QMHP. This is fulfilled with a bachelor's degree that includes at least 15 semester credits in human services courses (psychology, social work, sociology, human development, etc).
2. Computer proficiency for use of laptop and Electronic Health Record system.
3. Good driving record. This position requires driving agency vehicles and transporting clients. In order to meet insurance requirements, the candidate's driving record must have no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal driving violations in the last five years.
More great things about BRBH:
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ QMHP