$1000 Sign On Bonus *See
LPNs in our Crisis
Stabilization Unit provide psychiatric nursing and medical detoxification
to individuals in a short-term residential and therapeutic environment.
The Schedule for this position is full time -
three 12-hour shifts per week! Day Shift - 6 AM - 6:30 PM. We pay shift differential for evening/weekend hours worked!
Our nurses join
multi-disciplinary team of professionals who have the ability to make an
immediate and lasting impact in our community. We provide an environment
that thrives on positive interactions with both clients and coworkers.
Our nurses are part of a small, handpicked team of valued staff who enjoy
challenges, fast pace, autonomy and supportive management.
The LPN works as a
member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of RNs, clinicians, therapists,
residents, and physicians. Responsibilities include:
- obtaining vital signs and weight
- monitoring lab results
- administering PO (oral), Sub Q and IM medications
- obtaining and transcribing medication orders
- ensuring adequate supply of medications for clients
- providing information to clients regarding psychotropic medication
side-effects, as well as general wellness topics of interest to clients
- facilitating group meetings with clients to discuss life skills,
particularly relating to individual health and safety
- assist with admission and discharge of clients
- initiating or responding to phone contacts with clients,
physicians, pharmacists, case managers and other providers, as appropriate,
regarding medication needs, lab reports, side effects, etc.
- Documenting all pertinent nursing notes in the electronic health
Why work at BRBH?
On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000
sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start, $250 paid at three months
of employment, $250 paid at six months of employment, and $250 paid at
nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for
the Sign On Bonus.
Schedule! Our LPNs work three 12 hour
shifts and receive full time benefits!
Differential for evening/weekend shifts!
- Working with clients: In
this job each day you make an immediate and lasting impact in our
- Great co-workers: We
provide an environment that thrives on positive interactions with both
clients and coworkers.
- Work/Life Balance: We
have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts
accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more
- Want to know more? Check
out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information
about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
- Must have an active, unrestricted license as an LPN in
the State of Virginia.
- Requires a minimum of one year of nursing experience.
- One year experience in a psychiatric setting preferred.
- Electronic health record experience preferred.
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards
established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for
individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or
substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and
evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to
current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke
Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We
are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue
Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal
opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.