The High Risk
Educator provides trainings throughout the agency to staff, clients, and
community members on various topics including:
- REVIVE (Opioid Overdose and Naloxone
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan)
- SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention and
Referral to treatment)
- Wellness program used by treatment
staff, including physical exercise, healthy nutrition, stress management
- Education on High Risk Behaviors and
reducing impact of chronic disease
a grant funded position. Additionally, the High Risk Educator is responsible for:
- facilitating gender-specific
psycho-educational groups on substance abuse, recovery planning, anger
management, parenting, pregnancy, trauma, coping skills, and women's issues.
- processing program referrals
- data collection and tracking for clients
enrolled in the Pregnant and Parenting Women grant (PPW).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Effective teaching style to impact both clients and professionals in
formal and informal presentations
2. Knowledge of infectious diseases, the impact of mental illness and substance
abuse on disease process
3. Knowledge of nature of substance abuse, group dynamics, women's issues
with addiction, as well as the impact of substance abuse on fetus during
pregnancy and parenting
4. Knowledge of medication assisted treatment approaches.
- Bachelor's degree in a
human services field OR in any field with a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor
- One year of experience providing services to
individuals with substance use disorders.
- Certification: Certification required as a CSAC, Resident in
Counseling, Supervisee in Social Work, LPC, or LCSW
driving record required (no more than two
moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in
the last five years).
Check: Candidates will be required
to submit to a drug screen and criminal background check.
Why work at BRBH?
- See the
Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly counseling women in
obtaining services that fit their needs.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a
- Work/Life Balance:
We have a great Paid Time
Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great
benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our
Employment Page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information
about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty
Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide
comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders,
developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with
continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost
effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates
multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working
to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community
for over 50 years. Blue
Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal
opportunity employment. We are located in Roanoke, VA.