Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) Case Management provides services for individuals who have mental health disorders in the Roanoke Valley. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years!
Case Managers assist adults diagnosed with serious mental illness in accessing supports essential for living in the community and meeting basic needs. Case Managers are essential for ensuring that individuals receive services that help them live the life they want.A Day in the Life of a Case Manager
The Case Manager begins their services by developing an individualized treatment plan for each of their assigned clients. The Case Manager then begins providing case management services based off of their client's support needs. The highlight of a Case Manager's day is when a client is able to overcome a barrier.
A typical week usually consists of phone calls, meetings, collaborating with other agencies, home visits, and visits with the individual. Case Managers' schedules are self-driven and subject to change at times. Being organized and having the ability to adapt to changing situations are keys to success.
Some of the services that may be performed during a typical day as a case manager are:
- Assessing Needs and Planning Services
- Coordination of Care with other Providers
- Linking to Community Supports
- Enhancing Community Integration
- Monitoring Service Delivery
- Supportive Counseling
- Educating The Client About Various Support Needs
- Advocating on Behalf of the Client
In addition to the creation and implementation of individualized support plans, it is the Case Managers responsibility to ensure that the needs of their clients are being met, while maintaining documentation of services provided.
Why work at BRBH?
- QMHP Clinical Supervision and Training: BRBH provides free clinical supervision and support in attaining Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) certification!
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Day schedule: our program is open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH:http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field OR a Bachelor's degree with 15 semester credits in human services coursework.
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal traffic violations in the last five years).
- Background Check and drug screen: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment.